Direct-to-Film (DTF) Transfers - WHAT ARE DIRECT TO FILM (DTF) TRANSFERS?
Digital Transfer Film (DTF) is the newest technology of heat transfers in the digital printing world. DTF transfers are more affordable and accessible compared to Direct to Garment (DTG), screen printing, sublimation or laser white toner transfers. It also gives you the advantage to print on any color tshirts and any material including: Cotton, poly, denim, silk & more. When heat pressed to the garment, the designs are soft, stretchy, vibrant, durable and long lasting. Press Directions: Medium pressure at 330 degrees for approximately 25 seconds and peel cold.
DTF is also referred to as Direct Transfer Film, and it works by printing transfers that are heat pressed to a variety of garments (and other substrates). There are many compatible fabrics including cotton, nylon, leather, polyester, and 50/50 blends. This is unlike Direct to Garment (DTG) technology which only works on cotton fabrics. This therefore means that these transfers work on a much wider substrate, making it the most versatile digital transfers in the market. DTF printers work on both white and dark garments and can get the job done without requiring you to press on costly A+B paper, as is the case with the white toner printers.
Direct Transfer Film printers also combine reliability, unmatched quality and high productivity. They can handle large production volumes, which is essential in this fast-growing industry. Unlike DTG technology, DTF transfers are preferred by most people because they are affordable and require no pre-treatment. For quality results, you will need DTF powder and DTF sheets to print transfer film, and of course, DTF Ink.
Versatility on Materials
- DTF can be applied on a wide range of materials including, cotton, nylon, treated leather, polyester, 50/50 blends and more (light and dark fabrics).
- Can save up to 50% white ink.
- Supplies are also significantly more affordable.
No Pretreat Required
- If you are coming from a direct-to-garment (DTG) background, you must be familiar with pretreating the garments before printing. With DTF, you no longer have to worry about pretreating the garment prior to printing.
- If you come from a white toner laser printer background, you’ll be pleased to hear that DTF doesn’t require the marrying process of expensive A+B sheets.
- Since you essentially take out a step of pretreating, you’re able to speed up production.
- Has been proven through testing to be equal to if not better than traditional direct-to-garment (DTG) printing.
- DTF allows you to apply the artwork on difficult/ awkward parts of the garment or fabric with ease.
- High Stretchability and Soft Hand Feel
- No Scorching
- Full size prints don’t come out as great as direct-to-garment (DTG) prints.
- Different hand feel compared to direct-to-garment (DTG) prints.
- Must wear safety equipment (protective eyewear, mask, and gloves) when working with DTF products.
- Must keep the DTF adhesive powder in a cool temperature. High humidity can cause quality issues.
Kiokoclothingco.com provides ready to press DTF Transfers. You will be amazed at how quick and easy it is to create your tshirts and other garments.